Saturday, February 1, 2014

Conjuring the essence of the Lord of the Flies

"Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy - The Lord of the Flies"

August 2013, Squamish BC. Taking a break from our explorations of town with its quaint second hand shops and coffee bars, my sister and I headed down to the beach. There was a sailing regatta off in the distance of Howe Sound but one skipper missed the tide. There were people everywhere on the beach, however for one brief moment they all cleared and the group of young men who were playing tag football came together in a huddle. The way the scene came together was surreal. For the second I put my camera up to my eye and snapped the photo they all turned as a group and looked back at me, as if I had stolen something from them that day. And then as fast as the moment happened it was gone, the beach filled back up and the football game continued. This is to date, one of my favorite photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment