Monday, May 2, 2011

Peace Needed






































So this has been a crazy week! The world around us is falling apart but yet it is still so beautiful!
The war on terror took a turn with the death of Bin Laden, The Conservatives won a majority government, and tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my fathers passing. It seems like everything is turned on its head. Everything seems harder, but the dagger in my soul today is my thirteen year old son...who I seem to have lost suddenly. One minute he was a great kid, the next a sullen and snippy man who can shoot the dirtiest looks. I posted this on my facebook today in response to all the celebrations I saw around me regarding Bin Laden:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I would settle for peace in my home, peace with my son. So to help gather light around me I turn to you, my photos and my blog. I hope wherever you are in your life you have found peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment